Monday, January 19, 2009

A Nostalgic Necklace

necklace brass antique key escutcheon blue vintage glass bead
Ready for a little romance and nostalgia? Have a look at this necklace. It's more of an assemblage than a pendant. I love incorporating an assortment of materials into a necklace such as this one.

The rich warmth of the brass elements is nicely offset by the cool blues of the beads. That dotted bead is a treasured one from my (vast) collection of vintage glass beads. I'm not sure how I convinced myself to actually use it!

I've been collecting skeleton keys for quite some time and this necklace features a really nice one. the heart beads? Well, they just seemed to want to be part of this necklace.

It is for sale in my etsy shop. Click on the photo to go directly to the listing.

4 comments:

Cthings said...

Very gorgeous!! Love the color combo!!

Stela said...

So beautiful!

Deb @ Crysallis said...

I love the combination of brass with blue!! yummo.....

Shirley said...

I love what you did with this. It's nostalgic and Victorian. Very very pretty!