Saturday, January 3, 2009

Aqua Blues . The Necklace

sterling silver jewelry wire wrapped aqua blue chrysocolla amazonite turquoise abaloneThese colors are so reminiscent of the ocean and all things tropical. I enjoy making these free-form wire wrapped elements, but the real fun is in composing the collection of drops.

Here, I've used a large rondelle of chrysocolla, an abalone rectangle, a faceted amazonite rectangle, little teal coin pearls and a beautiful glass leaf. You see an assortment of other little goodies as well -- turquoise, sterling silver beads and a crystal.

All of the silver has been oxidized and hand sanded to reveal just a bit of the shiny silver. This necklace is for sale in my etsy shop.
litt

1 comment:

Shirley said...

How lovely this is! Beautiful colors and work! I was a little heavy handed on my last post and it posted 3X. I deleted two. LOL