Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Enough Already!


I've lost track of how many days my outdoor thermometer has been stuck on this number. Enough is enough. We get the idea. It's Alaska. It's winter. It's cold. Let's move on.

On a positive note, the sky has been beautiful. The mornings bring on a glowing shade of pink that is known as Alpenglow. It is truly indescribable. Yesterday evening, on the way into Eagle River for a celebratory anniversary dinner, the sky was in layers of teal, blue and finally, black. Absolutely gorgeous.

I tried to recreate it using the colourlovers website and this is as close as I could get:

2 comments:

Shirley said...

It always amazes me how people can build anything to combat 20 below temperatures. That is what I am seeing, right? The colors are glorious and thanks for explaining that.

Orion Designs said...

You're seeing it correctly Shirley. It is most definitely 20 below!