Saturday, January 17, 2009

Completion of My Metal Book


I wasn't sure it would be possible for me to finish this project, but alas, I have completed the book. While I'm happy with the results, this book does not have the finished, polished look of the book I made in class.

The coptic binding was easier that I was expecting, thanks to the detailed notes I had. After my class at Volcano Arts, my classmate Shari and I decided to write down detailed instructions on how to do that binding. Without those instructions, it would have been far more difficult.

5 comments:

Brenda. said...

Very nicely done Vicki! I love the design of it. Kudos to you! :)

Deronda designs... said...

Fantastic!

Diane said...

Hi Vicki, This turned out wonderful. Good for you for sticking with it. I took a metal journal class at Artfest & thought I would shoot myself for doing that! To date, my journal is still not complete.

Orion Designs said...

Thanks all! And Diane, I'm planning to submit photos of both books to a juried art show at the Anchorage Museum of History and Art. So I really HAD to finish it!

Shirley said...

How very beautiful! Vicki, everything your hands touch is so pretty and there for the ages! You have really left your mark.