Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Asymmetry in Motion

jewelry necklace asymmetrical green pearls oxidized
For a long time, all of my jewelry designs were symmetrical, controlled and orderly. Then I took some classes where I learned that designs needn't be symmetrical to be beautiful. Hey, I'll attribute this symmetry obsession to my engineering background.

Here's a necklace with a bit of asymmetry that works wonderfully. The big olive green pearl at the bottom reminds me of an irregular egg.

The pearl is suspended from a fused circle of fine silver. Trailing up one side of the chain is a line of smaller pearls. The other side is pure chain. All of the silver has been oxidized and tumbled for that shiny steel gray finish I love.

This necklace is for sale in my etsy shop. If you haven't signed up for my newsletter yet, you can do so by filling in the form at the right.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Wow! How different and how pretty the pearls are too!