Monday, January 5, 2009

If I Can't be at the Beach ...

freeform bead weaving mother of pearl seed beads pin brooch pendant
... I'll share a piece of jewelry that reminds me of the beach! This brooch/pendant base is a disk of super lustrous mother of pearl. I drilled a few holes in it to help secure the freeform beadwork.

The beadwork is composed of ocean-y colors -- aqua, teal, green, seafoam, turquoise and little bronze. The large bead in the center is a Peruvian Opal and the diamond shaped bead is Fluorite. The remainder of the beads are glass seed beads in various sizes.

Here's a peek at the back of the pin. I glued on a finding that will allow this to be worn as either a pin or a pendant.




This lovely piece is for sale and ON SALE in my etsy shop!

2 comments:

Cthings said...

That is great Vicki! That does remind me of the beach! I admire your creativity! Also have a Happy New Year!

Shirley said...

What a work of art and how gorgeous too!