Thursday, October 1, 2009

Swarovski Earrings

In this previous post, I introduced you to some Swarovski crystals I received from Artbeads. Today, I put some of these lovely elements to good use.

This first pair of earrings features the Twisted Coins from Artbeads. I decided to top them with a cluster of creamy beige freshwater pearls. I call these earrings "Tone on Tone". I incorporated a Swarovski bicone crystal in the earwire. It is in the same color family (golden shadow) as the coin.


Next, I made a pair of earrings using the Column Pendant element in Crystal Satin. This color is dreamy and reminds me of the color Black Diamond. It's positively dreamy. I topped it with a large-hole sterling silver bead (to hide the wrap) and a small white freshwater pearl. When you can't afford diamonds, these earrings would be a perfect substitute.


One of the features of this series of Swarovski is that the holes are quite large. This makes them a pleasure to work with. I'm pretty sure that 20 ga wire would fit through these holes, but I used 24 ga for a more delicate look.

2 comments:

brokenteepee said...

The second pair is rather Deco.

Both are lovely...of course!

Brenda. said...

Vicki, both pairs are gorgeous!! The second pair with the column pendants are very classy and sophisticated. Love what you created with some of your artbeads order!
Isn't it fun?! ;)