Thursday, October 15, 2009

Year Round Begonia

My dear friend Chelline is a very talented artist. She creates amazing works of art on silk. And she does it all freehand. I know this because I've seen her do it.

This past year, she has ventured into metal art too -- as if she didn't have enough to do keeping her gallery stocked with silk scarves and wall hangings. We stopped by her gallery for a visit during the summer and I had to have one of her metal begonias. Chelline cuts the metal and then she pulled out the center of the flower to give it dimension, like a real begonia.



This is one flower I will enjoy year round!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that flower! I bet a garden of those would look so cool!

Orion Designs said...

Yes! a whole cluster of them would be fantastic.

brokenteepee said...

Vicki, it's stunning!

cindy shake said...

Love the begonia! Chelline is very talented and her Gallery is a hit! We sent several friends to her Gallery while we were fishing on the Kenai this summer -at least the wives went, we couldn't get the guys out of the boat!