Monday, October 5, 2009

Green Onyx Earrings


I recently purchased these lovely green onyx spear shaped briolettes and I'm in love! This shape really speaks to me for some reason. Maybe it's the sleekness of the bead or the slim silhouette. Whatever it is, I simply can't resist this shape.

For these earrings, I paired them with tiny rondelles of peach moonstone. Together, these beads hang from sterling silver leverback earwires. I oxidized all of the silver and then selectively hand sanded it.

I have plans for some other pairings with these green onyx briolettes. I think they will look good with crystal quartz, labradorite, lapis and maybe even garnet for the holidays! Very festive indeed.

2 comments:

brokenteepee said...

They are a gorgeous cut!

Creative Treasures by Donna said...

Beautiful Vicki! I love that cut of stone and great color mix you have there!