Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Freshwater Pearls and Andalusite ...


... a creamy and delicious combination!

I started with a circle that I fused from 16ga fine silver. I hammered and textured it and dangled a creamy beige coin pearl from the bottom. Emerging from the top are lengths of sterling silver rolo chain followed by a series of beads. I chose champagne colored pearls and flanked them with andalusite rondelles. Then there is more chain and a sterling lobster clasp.

About andalusite:

Andalusite varies in color from pale yellow-brown to dark green. It can also be a greenish red. The color may look different when viewed from different angles. These particular beads seem to be an orange-cream-green combination!

This necklace is for sale in my etsy shop.

1 comment:

brokenteepee said...

I love andalusite...it is so well, changeable.