Monday, October 19, 2009

Alaska Bead Society Show

This past weekend was the annual show organized by the Alaska Bead Society. After many years of doing this show at the Anchorage Museum, we relocated to a new location. The ConocoPhillips building in downtown Anchorage has a beautiful atrium and they were kind enough to allow us to use this space.

It was bright and spacious. The general consensus was that the space was superior in all ways to the space we used to use at the museum.

Here is a photo (bad photo alert) of my table:


This year, I was fortunate enough to be located next to Jessica Stephens, a completely delightful young woman with extraordinary beading talent. While she did not want her photo taken, I did convince her to allow a photo of her spectacular beaded neck piece "We Are All Connected".


6 comments:

cindy shake said...

So glad the new space worked out! whew. I know some of the artists were nervous to break with tradition when faced with the Museum's scheduling and remodeling situation. Your booth looked lovely!

Orion Designs said...

Thanks Cindy. I was so pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness of the venue -- makes me wish it was a possibility for Bad Girls!

Cthings said...

Your booth is wonderful. I like how you present the jewelry! Sounds like you had fun!

brokenteepee said...

I don't know how I missed this one. Glad you had a good show. The detail in that piece is amazing!

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

Wow! Looks like it is a beautiful venue! I hope you had a successful event!
Michelle-

Shirley said...

Now that leaves me speechless! How absolutley gorgeous and so intricate. She really has patience and vision.