Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Gold Filled


I don't often work with gold filled, finding that most of my customers prefer sterling silver or my newer line of brass. My gold filled stash of wire was calling my name the other day and I made a small batch of those long, almond shaped earwires that are so eye-catching. I posted about another pair of earrings I made that same day, using those big, bold round silver and brass beads.

I am fond of the way smoky quartz looks with gold filled, so that's what I chose for this pair of earrings. These briolettes are about as flawless as can be. Of course, they are much lovelier in person!

Click on the photo to see some photos at different angles.

1 comment:

mary.anne.gruen@gmail.com said...

Pretty earrings!

I like gold filled, but not a lot of folks even understand what it is. The good thing about it is that it doesn't tarnish like sterling. Some of my friends don't like sterling because of tarnishing and they won't even listen when I try and explain how to easily keep it in good order. Oh, well.