Wednesday, September 30, 2009

An Early Etsy Find

I found this etsy seller shortly after I joined the site, selling my jewelry. Mandinka is a mother/daughter team that makes gorgeous bags from reclaimed suits. Besides being eco-friendly, these bags are a marvel to look at. They are three dimensional collages of a form I had never before seen.

This is the Sir Franklin satchel I purchased nearly two years ago. I use it as a carry on when I travel, instead of a purse. It's pretty large and it holds my laptop, ipod plus all the other stuff that is normally in my handbag, with plenty of room to spare. The side pockets (aka - sleeves) hold little water bottles perfectly. There are other little pockets all over the outside and the inside. Can you tell that I love this bag?


Sometimes a good purchase is just so satisfying.

2 comments:

brokenteepee said...

I know how you love your bags.

If I could send you some tomatoes I would. But I suspect they would be tomato sauce by the time they got there....

Brenda. said...

What a great bag!! I love the colors and all the pockets and especially that it's recycled!