Sunday, September 20, 2009

Cranberries and Rosehips

I would guess that about half of the leaves have turned golden and have already fallen to the ground. Yesterday evening, while walking Xena around the backyard, the jewel-like clusters of cranberries screamed "taste me". Well, I know better. They are tarter than tart and will make you scrunch your face up in a nasty grimace. I prefer to just look at them. They are beautiful.


During the early summer, our yard is full of wild roses. Now, those roses have been replaced with rose hips. They too are lovely to look at, in their beautiful redness. Unlike the cranberries, these actually taste pretty good and are full of vitamin C.

And here's a close up of some rose hips.

4 comments:

cindy shake said...

When I first saw the two clusters of cranberries, I thought they were a lovely new pair of earrings you had made! hmmm, perhaps a bit of inspiration...?

brokenteepee said...

Funny, I was thinking they looked like little jewels....

great minds, eh?

Orion Designs said...

They do look like a matched set of ruby clusters, don't they?

Brenda. said...

guess great minds think alike...that's what I thought too! They are soooo pretty! :)