Thursday, April 16, 2009
And now for something completely different ... again!
I had a little more luck with the design I blogged about here. When I started this piece, I actually planned ahead a bit (not my strong suit) and thought to texture the silver disc before doing anything else to it.
Using my rolling mill and my Secret Material, I achieved a very nice leaf texture. I also used my rolling mill to deboss the stems. Brass wire is just the right hardness to leave a nice impression in the silver.
I used some different silver beads as the flowers for a little variety. Hence the name of the piece: One Daisy . Two Poppies.
There are some more pieces in progress with this same theme. I also plan on getting better at melting the back end of the silver wire. Practice, practice, practice.