Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Two Pairs of Mittens


Yay! I finished the mittens -- 2 pairs! The only part that I wasn't lovin' so much was knitting the inner cuff thing. It makes for a great mitten because it snugs against your wrist, but knitting it was a pain -- size 4 double pointed needles are very awkward for me.

I used 2 different brands of yarn for these 2 pairs of mittens. Yes, they were both 100% wool and I knitted them in the exact same way. But guess what? The light colored pair felted and shrunk A LOT more than the darker pair. I can still wear them, but they are definitely snug.

Here's a close up shot of how the liner looks. It really is a clever design.



The second pair with the lighter color variegated wool felted up beautifully.


On with the next knitting project!

Last week, I listed this felted bag in my second etsy shop:

2 comments:

brokenteepee said...

it's so cute! I envy your talent!

pippijewelry said...

I really like the second cuff. Do you sew it or knit it in?
~Pippi