Friday, March 12, 2010

Brand New Victorian Styled Earrings

I recently came up with a new earring design using some of the antiqued brass filigree that I have fallen in love with.  Brass is affordable and gives me the opportunity to use elaborate components without resulting in a pair of earrings that would cost  $80 or more.  These same filigree teardrops in sterling silver would be extremely expensive.  I like to offer a wide range of designs to my customers and my brass collection has opened up a whole new world.
I gently pried open the teardrop and inserted a glossy aqua glass bead.  After closing the teardrop at the top, I wrapped it with some brass colored wire.  This really gives the earrings a more finished look.

They are for sale in my etsy shop.  Click on the photo to go directly to the listing.

3 comments:

brokenteepee said...

They are very romantic....

Shirley said...

How absoutely vintage lovely!!!

DVArtist said...

Very very nice Vicki.

Nicole/Beadwright