Friday, March 19, 2010

Denali

Some of you may know it by it's old name, Mount McKinley, but here in Alaska, it's called Denali (Athabascan for The Great One).  Most morning, Rick, Xena & I go for a long walk, regardless of the weather.  What that weather allows, we walk down to the inlet (Cook Inlet), which is just a 5 minute walk from our home.

This morning, we were surprised by a pretty nice view of Denali.  This means that the sky was clear and cloud free for the 350 miles (give or take) between here and there.  I've decided to try and get a photo of the mountain from the same vantage point throughout the year.  It will make a nice montage when I get a whole bunch of them.

Here's the first photo.

3 comments:

Brenda. said...

Wow, it's breathtaking! Beautiful photo Vicki!

DVArtist said...

Thanks Vicki for bringing back some great memories of AK for me. A good photo too.

Nicole/Beadwright

brokenteepee said...

Amazing....I would love to see it in person.