Sunday, February 22, 2009

Xena Speaks

Xena heard through the grapevine that there exists a blogging goat name Pricilla and she insists on having her say today. I can't be responsible for what Xena might say. I just hope she doesn't offend anyone. Here goes.

Woof!
First, I would like to thank Pricilla for paving the way for pet blogging. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have thought of it if not for her.

No, on to my current gripe: brushing and grooming in general. Make . Her . Stop . There, I said it. My mommy thinks this needs to be done. I wholeheartedly disagree. It really doesn't feel good. Mommy says that's because we've let my fur get too long. Again, I disagree. We're in Alaska after all, and I need all this fur for warmth.
bouvier des flanders
Here are the evil tools She insists on using. On the right is the Bouvier rake (as if I need a rake) and the thing on the left actually cuts the hair as it brushes. This one is a little better.

While She brushes me -- about 5 looooong minutes a day! -- I hear her muttering words like "matted" and "stinky", interspersed with "soft and fluffy". She is sending some very mixed messages. Am I stinky or am I soft?

Somethimes I think mommy would prefer a sweet-smelling little toy poodle (ick), but she insists this isn't true. I'd like to believe her. I'm a dog and I want to smell like a dog.

Auntie Carol was here the other day with Bluebelle. Bluebelle is a poodle, but she's pretty cool. She's what they call a standard poodle, which means that all the other kinds must be sub-standard. Auntie Carol said I look huge and I took that as a compliment. Then she laughed at the appearance of my feet. I still don't get it.

I accept the inevitability of a trip to the groomer sometime this spring, but the longer we put it off, the better. She made an appointment for me for this coming Friday (!) but rumor has it she's going to cancel. I heard mommy and daddy arguing about this the other day and daddy won. YAY daddy! I know he loves me in his own special way. My odors don't bother him at all. Hmmmm. Wonder why.Thanks again to Pricilla for introducing me to the world of blogging. I've never met a goat, but I think I would like you Pricilla.

Woof,
Xena

3 comments:

Deronda designs... said...

Hi Xena...so glad to see you are finally blogging.

Anji Gallanos said...

Vicki...this is totally helpful..I have a Samoyed..who..embarrassing as it is to admit..has a plastic Halloween spider stuck in the fur under her tail. We just discovered it yesterday..think it's time to brush don't you??

brokenteepee said...

You go Xena. All animals have a right to blog!