Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Farewell to the State Fair

Sorry I have not posted more during the State Fair, but let's just say that I was simply too tired to do much of anything else during the fair.  Here's a quick look at the few photos I had a chance to take.

I always like to go to the barn and visit the animals ... especially the goats since I've become auntie to Pricilla.


None of the goaties would look at me when I had the camera ready, but I did catch this adorable little goat head through the bars of its pen.


In the other part of the barn, the giant vegetables were on display.  This year, the 1101 pound pumpkin was the featured attraction.  A little creepy if you ask me.  Considering the short growing season in Alaska, we determined that one could actually have watched this thing get bigger, right before one's eyes.


Our days at the fair would not have been complete without visits to the Kaladi Brothers Coffee booth.  It is always staffed by fun and funny young people who tend to dress goofy and never fail to produce a smile.  Even when the coffee line is a mile long.


And a close up of the Barbie doll display.  My personal favorite is the Barbie with the coffee bean bikini.


Today, Carol & I will meet at the fairgrounds to complete the packing up.  Later, Rick will join us to do the harder work and tow our trailer back home.

We had a wonderful fair.  All of our new merchandise was well received and I've already placed a new order with Alaska Serigraphics for our next event at the end of this month -- Bad Girls of the North in Fairbanks!

2 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Vicki, looks like it was huge fun! xoxo

brokenteepee said...

That is a lot of squash!