Friday, July 9, 2010

Making Some New Components

I recently discovered that one of my local bead stores (the one in Eagle River, even more local than the ones in Anchorage!) has started to carry Vintaj brass components for jewelry making.  While this will make it easy for me to obtain a missing component in a hurry, it also makes it too very easy for my local competition to find the same components.

With that in mind, I decided to try out some new ideas for my line of brass, copper and mixed media necklaces. 

These enameled dragonflies are just gorgeous.  My photographs do not do them justice.  The enamel was just too shiny and I was not in the mood to mess with a fancy photographic set-up!


















I also found some blanks for resin in my stash. (where and when did I get those?)  I don't really want to get in 
on the resin craze, so I did a little collage inside the disk and squirted in some Diamond Glaze - 2 coats.  I think this piece came out pretty nice too.


My favorite pieces however, will be these cool pocket watches, which I purchased several years ago for some long forgotten reason.  I've only completed one of these, but I think I'll enjoy this tiny collage work very much.


5 comments:

Diane said...

Hi Vickie,
I absolutely LOVE the pocketwatch piece. What a great idea. I think it's time to head over to your etsy shop. Have a wonderful weekend & give Xena a BIG hug!

Brandi Hussey said...

I'm loving the pocketwatch, too - can't wait to see more of them!

brokenteepee said...

You are SO talented.
The pocketwatch idea is sheer brilliance.

ShinyAdornments said...

LOVE the new pieces. Your mixed metal work is as gorgeous as always.
K

DVArtist said...

Vintaj how can one go wrong? I really like your new look. I am home now trying to catch up on everyone's blogs.
Hope you are well
Nicole/Beadwright