Tuesday, July 13, 2010

In the Studio

I woke up with a new-ish idea for some necklaces.  What if I used some of my larger gemstone briolettes as  pendants and then instead of suspending them from chain like I usually do, did a little pearl linking, then finishing with chain?  While I recognize that this isn't an earth shatteringly new design idea, it is an interesting variation on two existing lines of mine.  I gave it a try today.


From left to right: labradorite with silvery and peacock pearls, green hydro quartz with pale pink pearls, pink opal with rose colored pearls.  The chain is beautiful oval rolo chain.  I got a smoking deal on that in Tucson.

I have not yet priced these necklaces, but I think they will be quite reasonable.

I have plans for a few more like these, with large briolettes.  Then I think I may do a few with smaller pink tourmaline briolettes with small white pearls.  That one will be very elegant!

4 comments:

brokenteepee said...

Pretty, classic, and goes with everything. Just what one needs in a necklace!

Brandi Hussey said...

I love it. Sometimes, simple is really, really good!

Diane said...

These are just lovely! Simply elegant.

Orion Designs said...

Thanks to all of you for the nice comments!