Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pietersite Earrings

Over the years, I've been intrigued by the stone Pietersite.  Most of the beads I've seen have been brown and black with lots of golden swirls.  This particular strand of briolettes I purchased this year in Tucson had no golden color at all.  As a matter of fact, they had an unusual wood-grain look to them, even though they are perfectly smooth.  They do have the chatoyance that is typical of Pietersite.

Needless to say, I love these earrings and will most likely make a pair for myself before all the beads are gone.

Click on the photo to go directly to the listing in my etsy shop.

3 comments:

brokenteepee said...

It is a stone that fascinates.

DVArtist said...

Hi Vicki Pietersite is rampant here. If you ever need some let me know.
Love the earrings.
Nicole/Beadwright

cindy shake said...

The earrings look organic and are very cool. At first I thought they were fossil's then read your link. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I LOVE the way to wrap the wire just right! You have an artful touch :o)