Thursday, March 5, 2009

New Earring Design

jewelry copper earrings sterling silver brass mixed metals
Before I left for Tucson, I started a series of new earrings that represent a departure in style for me. While I have been leaning towards metal work for some time now, these earrings are the first leg on a new journey.

The twisted loops are copper that I hand formed and hammered for textural interest. I attached the sterling silver puffy lentil bead (at the bottom) with brass wire. The earwires are hand forged from sterling silver wire -- my signature earwires.

A friend asked: "What was the inspiration for these earrings". The only answer I could come up with was: "the spool of 16 gauge copper wire staring at me"!

I have a series of these earrings in progress on my worktable. Most of them have variations in the bottom embellishment, and some of them have different earwires, depending on the look I want to achieve.

Click the photo to go directly to the listing in my etsy shop. Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter by filling out the form on the right. I'm preparing to send another one soon, with a special offer for subscribers only!

No comments: