Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Necklace : White on White

I suppose being surrounded by the white stuff inspired me to make a very white necklace.  The focal point is a beautiful moonstone briolette.  Part of the chain consists of white freshwater pearls securely wired together.  The remainder is oval rolo style chain (my favorite, but generally more expensive that regular cable link chain).  Click on the photo to go directly to the listing.


Ever since I've started using the "auto" feature on my too-complicated-for-me digital camera, my results have improved dramatically.  Imagine that.  I decided that I didn't have anything to prove, so I calmly switched to auto and I felt an immediate sense of relief.  Apparently, my camera is smarter than I am.  And I'm ok with that.

4 comments:

Brandi Hussey said...

If it works for you, I say go for it! There are days I want to switch to auto, but I'm too stubborn. So, I'll sit there and sit there and end up with 20 photos of the same shot and hope one turns out.

Lovely necklace, btw!

Orion Designs said...

I got tired of being stubborn, with terrible results. This is definitely working better for me. I don't really enjoy the photography aspect of selling online, so this solution is really the perfect answer.

mary.anne.gruen@gmail.com said...

This is a beautiful piece! I love moonstone! I like rollo chain too and I know it costs more because of the extra sterling. But it has such a substantial look.

I think your camera may be better than mine. Auto is usually not a good choice for me. It doesn't usually like as much light. During a "photo shoot," though, I try everything and then some.

brokenteepee said...

I leave mine on auto because my poor brain just doesn't learn any more.
I love the piece. That moonstone is a stunner.