Thursday, May 6, 2010

Changes are Afoot

I think we can finally say good bye to winter.  It's about time.  I took a picture of this last patch of snow on Tuesday evening.  This bit of snow was visible from my living room window and it was a constant reminder of winter.  It was completely gone by Wednesday afternoon.  Good riddance.


In the one truly sunny spot on our property, I found these rhubarb nubbins breaking the surface.  A sure sign that spring is really here.  They look like little alien heads.


Welcome spring!

5 comments:

Liz Smith said...

I get more and more excited about spring every year! Wonderful harbingers you've recorded :0)

brokenteepee said...

We woke up to 29* yesterday and had snow yesterday afternoon.

*sigh*

Brandi Hussey said...

Hello little alien heads!

DVArtist said...

Vicki glad you are seeing signs of summer or at least no snow. Patty for you and the goats. Booo hoo hoo. That is soooo why we moved from there. LOL
Nicole/Beadwright

ShinyAdornments said...

RHUBARB! Aw, ya lucky duck. I am UBER jealous.

(btw, by work verification was arting. How appropo)