Monday, July 20, 2009

Mixed Pearls

I've been creating this style of necklace, and variations thereof, for several years. What keeps it interesting for me is the influx of new pearls each year from my Tucson shopping spree.

When I first developed this necklace, I used a variety of pearls in different colors and shapes, much like this one from my etsy shop:

handmade jewelry necklace freshwater pearls sterling silver
Next, I introduced the tone-on-tone variation of the necklace, like this one in shades of blue:



I also do this in greens, coppery browns and all white for weddings:


I've also made plenty of these in custom color combinations for local customers. Of course, I still have the very first one that I made. It was the prototype and I continue to wear it often even after all these years.

1 comment:

brokenteepee said...

Guess who's making some chocolate cake for some firemen tonight. Bwahahahaha!

I love pearls. You don't want to know about my stash....