Friday, December 26, 2008

A Simple Necklace

jewelry vintage glass bead sterling silver chain purple violet
Several years ago, I found an amazing necklace at an antique store in Phoenix (I'll cover my addiction to vintage jewelry at another time). It was full of these faceted football shaped violet glass beads, with knots separating the beads. The condition of the necklace was poor, so I didn't feel bad about taking it apart to "rescue" the beads. The beads show some wear, with small chips here and there, but I love this aspect of vintage glass beads. It shows that they've actually been worn!

I've used the beads sparingly over the years. This simple necklace features one of these lovelies hanging all alone on an oxidized sterling silver rolo chain. I added a front toggle closure and that's it. This great necklace is for sale in my etsy shop.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Absolutely beautiful!

marcy said...

Love its simplicity.
Marcy