Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Knitted Sweater Project

So, I started to knit a sweater a few days ago. I've only made one sweater since I learned to knit 2 years ago, and it's actually wearable! Now I'm at it again.

It's a similar "top down" pattern as my first sweater and I do believe it's a good pattern for a beginning knitter. I'm still working on the shaping of the top, so it hasn't been joined in "the round" yet.
The yarn I selected is simply yummy. It's an emerald green color. The fiber content is 50% pima cotton and 50% tencel. It's silky soft and very easy to work with.

I estimate this project will take at least 2 months!

2 comments:

Deronda designs... said...

Oh, that will be sooo pretty. My mom used to knit all the time so I love knitted sweaters.

Shirley said...

The yarn is a really beautiful color and I love the pattern. How pretty. I am sure it will be lovely, like everything else you touch~!