Thursday, February 9, 2012

A New Bangle Bracelet ... A Gift for Me

Those of you who are regular readers, know that I am very good to myself.  I buy a fair amount of presents for myself, from pottery to art to jewelry.  Lots of jewelry.

This year in Tucson, I couldn't resist this amazing bangle from Andrea Guarino.  You may know her as an amazing lampwoker (yes, I have one of her big, red beads), but you may not know that her metalsmithing skills and eye for design are unmatched.


Trust me, you would have bought one for yourself too.  The patina she was able to achieve on the inner curl of this bracelet is a magnificent indigo blue with hints of purple.  Stunning!


4 comments:

brokenteepee said...

And I was trying to figure if it was abalone or not. Wowzers

Ina in Alaska said...

Love it!

Brandi Hussey said...

WOW. That is stunning! How'd she get the patina in there??

DVArtist said...

You are so lucky to have a piece of her jewelry and big red bead. Glad you had a good time in AZ. Oh heck how could you not right?
Nicole/Beadwright