Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Earrings with Vintage Components

This is almost the last of these vintage brass twists.  At one time, they were part of an antique necklace that I purchased at one of those antique malls we so often visit on our trips Outside.

(for those of you that don't live in Alaska, the term Outside refers to the lower 48).  

I had lots of them, but sold all of the earrings I made with them.  This pair, and maybe one other, are all I have left.  They are incredibly interesting elements -- embossed, twisted and framed.


From the bottom, where there is a convenient loop, I added dangles of black vintage glass beads.  It just seemed right to use vintage beads with these vintage twists.  Click the photo to go directly to the listing.

3 comments:

brokenteepee said...

They are beautiful components. I'm sure you are sorry to see them go.

Diane said...

These are beautiful, Vicki. Wishing you a very happy holiday!

Ina in Alaska said...

So pretty Vicki! You put a lot of love into those earrings. Merry Christmas!