Thursday, December 2, 2010

Auntie's Beads

Recently, I was approached by Auntie's Beads to select some items from their huge selection of beads and beading supplies and blog about them.  After much deliberation, I selected some 10 mm lapis beads and a super chunky variscite bead/pendant.

The lapis beads are beautiful and quite glossy.  I have not yet decided how I will use them, but I will definitely post it here when I do.  The size of these beads is consistent and they have such nice metallic pyrite inclusions.  That's one of the characteristics that I love about lapis.  That and the rich, bright color, of course.


This variscite pendant is like no other stone I've ever seen.  I do have some variscite rondelles in my 'stash', but because they are relatively small, they don't have the impact that this stone has.  The color is a bright apple green (love that) with lots of interesting cream colored matrix.


Keep checking in for progress on how I will use these gorgeous stones.

3 comments:

brokenteepee said...

That pendent is a stunner!

Diane said...

OMG...I LOVE that green stone. I am very curious to see what you do with it. It is gorgeous.

Regina said...

Lapis Lazuli is one of my favorite gemstones, and love the apple green Varicite. I have shopped from Auntie's beads, they do have a great selection.