Thursday, February 25, 2010

Barrette Collector

When I was a kid, I always had short hair.  I kept it short through my 20's.  When we moved aboard our sailboat in 1988, I decided to grow my hair long.  I've been collecting barrettes ever since.  I store them clipped to belts that are hanging from hooks in my closet.  That way, I can see them all at a glance.  Pretty clever, huh?

I have polymer clay barrettes, beaded barrettes, fused glass barrettes, carved wood barrettes, birch bark barrettes (favs), metal barrettes -- I think you get the idea.  I have barrettes . A lot.

While browsing etsy one day last year, I found Restringit, who was offering these awesome mixed metal barrettes at an extremely reasonable price.  I bought two.

 

Aren't they great?

2 comments:

brokenteepee said...

They sure are!

DVArtist said...

This are so pretty. I am the opposite. I always had long hair. Down to my knees long. In the late 1990's I cut it all off and it has been short ever since.

Nicole/Beadwright