Saturday, May 16, 2009

More Rutilated Quartz ...

hancrafted jewelry sterling silver rutilated quartz ruby red black chain oxidized
... this time with a deliciously smooth Ruby briolette! Black and red is a classic color combination. This necklace captures that, but adds a modern flair.

I found it very difficult to get a good photo of these stones, so I'll share two photos with you here. The photo on the right shows the beauty of the rutilated quartz. It's full of needle like inclusions of black tourmaline.


This second photo better highlights the depth of color found in the ruby. It's the nicest quality ruby I've ever seen in bead form. It was a real splurge for me to purchase that strand of rubies while in Tucson, so I'm using them very judiciously. Click on either of the photos to go directly to the listing for this necklace in my etsy shop.


I just sent out my May newsletter with a special offer. If you want to be eligible for that offer, use the sign up form on the right and I will send you a copy of newsletter.

2 comments:

brokenteepee said...

Very pretty. I did a pair of earrings in this combo. Quite different. Funny how two people can take the same stones and still create two totally different things. That's what makes it fun!

Lisa Crone said...

Wow, that rutilated quartz is fabulous and wonderful pairing with the red/pink! Gorgeous!!