Thursday, February 21, 2008

MOOSE!
















We woke up today to a moose bedded down right behind the house. When I say RIGHT behind the house, I really mean it. These pictures were all taken through the kitchen windows. I cropped some of them, but I left the window frame on one photo, just so you can see how close the moose was to the house.

She started out laying down, but soon arose to forage for breakfast - ok, I'm just guessing here, but she did start eating a willow branch right away!

Once she started moving, she just kept going and I feel fortunate to have gotten any pictures at all. It's amazing how stealthy these huge animals can be. Within minutes, she was continuing her breakfast in the neighbor's yard!

3 comments:

Deb @ Crysallis said...

AMAZING!!!! wow...

Jamie said...

I love wildlife. Most of the people at work ask my how I can live so far away from work. I say it's because I can run around my yard naked and chase the wildlife and no one will ever see me!

I don't do that, but I could if I wanted!

Shirley said...

How envious I am that you are there to see this!!! How wonderful and what a treat for you to share with the rest of us. Thank you, Vicki, for posting this. I just love him.