Saturday, February 2, 2008

Art Doll or Goddess -- You Decide!





Inspired by a Goddess created by a buddy in my Stampsmith Yahoo Group, Andrea Robert, I created my own version. Her body is a bamboo tile that I stamped on with Stazon. Lots of wire and beads create the arms and legs. Her head is a decorated porcelain bead and it's topped with some wild hair. She's wearing a "Peace" necklace -- I guess she's a throwback from the 60's. I added the aluminum disc as a collar to help stabilize her heavy head. The final addition was some pre-cut pieces of wood, which I colored with Marvy metallic markers and embellished with craft wire for the wings.

My dear friend, Diane Mello just left last night after a 10 day visit. She loved the goddess and she made one too. I love her color choices! The bright blues and greens are so vibrant.

No comments: