Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Moose Sighting ...

... in our backyard!

After dinner last night, Rick looked out the window and spotted a big mama moose and what looked like a 2 year old calf with her.  I took these photos out the window, so they aren't very clear.

Here's the baby.  Pretty big, isn't it?


I couldn't get a great shot of the mama, but you can see her head on the right side of the tree.


These are the first moose we've seen around the house in months.  It never ceases to amaze me that these enormous creatures are just wandering around the Anchorage bowl!

4 comments:

brokenteepee said...

I wish I saw more moose here but they are so shy. Even the elk are shy. Deer - everywhere.

Saw a beaver the other night across the river. I love spotting animals.

Ina in Alaska said...

Wasn't Jet barking like crazy? Moose never fail to amaze me and I love seeing them wander around. I also love when they just plop down and take a nap for hours.

DVArtist said...

I do miss the wild life of AK and Idaho.
Nicole/Beadwright

LaVerne said...

How cool! I always enjoy your pics of the wildlife there.