Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cards from the Current TJ Newsletter

I've been doing some card making for the past 2 days while I wait for a new jewelry inspiration to strike.
This first card is the Bandana Technique. I created a background using sponges and 3 colors of dye ink. I stamped this ornate swirl design (Stampin Up!) in black ink. Now comes the bandana part: using a white gel pen, I added lots o' dots in selected areas around the swirls. Then I stamped one of my favorite word stamps in the upper right corner and embellished withe 3 dotted brads, carrying the dot theme to the extreme.

The next card has little stamping, but resembles tiles. I used coordinating pieces of designer papers in mosaic fashion and embossing powder is where the "grout" would be.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

They are lovely as always. I need to start some of those. TFS Vicki

ABrushWithHumor said...

The last card is my favorite as well, it's very original.
Nothinglikeit!