Sunday, December 18, 2011

Brazilian Coffee Cookies

This is another new recipe for me.  I've had this recipe marked in one of m y cookbook pamphlet thingies for several years and decided this was the year to finally try them.  Now I wish I had done it sooner!



Brazilian Coffee Cookies

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter
1 TBS milk (or cream)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
2 TBS powdered instant coffee (I used Folger's crystals and I like the look of the specks in the dough!)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder

Mix sugars, butter, milk, vanilla and egg until well combined.  Stir in remaining ingredients, blending well.  Shape into 1" balls (mine were bigger, so I didn't get the correct yield).  Place about 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.  Flatten to about 1/8" thickness: grease the bottom of a glass, dip in sugar and press on each cookie, re-sugaring as needed.  Bake at 400 for 7 - 8 minutes.

These cookies are crisp on the outside and nice and chewy on the inside.  What more can you ask from a cookies??  If you're sensitive to caffeine, you might want to use decaf.

 

3 comments:

brokenteepee said...

Hmmm, the hubby would love these. I wonder what would happen if you took chocolate covered coffee beans and ran them through the food processor....

The brain is always making changes.

DVArtist said...

Yummmmmmm!!! This is my kind of cookie. Can you come bake for me?
Nicole/Beadwright

Ina in Alaska said...

Oh Vicki these look DELISH!!! If I had any time at all, which I don't, I would bake these! Send some over!! LOL.

I have used decaf instant coffee in coffee brownies. while I do not like instant coffee in the cup, in a recipe it comes out tasting strong and perfect!!!! Very much NOT like decaf instant!

Merry Christmas!! xo