Monday, June 6, 2011

Artist Spotlight :: Karen Whitworth

I met Karen on Twitter -- yes, on Twitter!  I quickly became a great admirer of her work.  She is an extremely talented artist and a delightful young woman.  We had the opportunity to meet in person last week.  We had for an amazing lunch at Turkey Red in Palmer, where I've never had a disappointing meal.

The purpose of the meet-up was to complete a trade.  Karen wanted some of my jewelry and I fell in love with her chickens.  She made me a giclee print of the chickens, which she embellished with additional paint.  It truly looks like an original!


Be sure to visit her website to see all of her amazing work.

3 comments:

brokenteepee said...

Roosters and I have a hate/hate relationship.
That is until I get the SOBs into a pot. Then I love them

Ina in Alaska said...

Love the picture!! I should ask you for ideas on a fun day trip to take my mom/aunt/sister out your way! (my mom has a somewhet hard time getting around but all the rest are fine)

Karen Whitworth said...

Vicki,
Thank you SO much for the chance to trade with you! :) It really was a wonderful lunch. I had a great time chatting with you & wish it were longer. So glad you like your Rooster, I am most definitely enjoying your beautiful sparklies. Thanks Again!
Karen