Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Silk Art

One of my dear friends is a fabulously talented artist by the name of Chelline Larsen. She paints on silk and is inspired by the beauty and wildlife that surrounds her in Alaska. Several pieces of her art adorn my home.

This first one is a small wall hanging that is a beautiful underwater scene. Chelline quilted this piece and embellished it with lots of tiny seed beads and real shells.

This next piece is hanging from the rafter in my home that separates the living room from my studio area. Again, it is an underwater scene that features a huge octopus. The color scheme is among my favorites -- blues, purples and greens.
The last piece is another small wall quilt that I bought for Rick. The raven image is hugely popular in Alaska and these colors are ones that Rick feels strongly about.
My photos do not do justice to Chelline's talent. Visit her website to see more of her beautiful work.

4 comments:

Shirley said...

They are all lovely pieces of art, Vicki. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

They are very, very beautiful.

Diane said...

These are all stunning but the Raven is my favorite. I am going right over & check her stuff out. Thanks for sharing!

Jael said...

Those hangings are incredible....