Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Wire Wrapped Jewelry


In April, 2007, I attended Artfest in Port Townsend, WA. I took a wire wrapping class taught by Nina Bagley. Inspired by the technique I learned, I created the Aqua Blues Necklace.

The necklace features turquoise, amazonite, abalone, freshwater pearls and a glass bead in the shape of a leaf.

All of the sterling silver wrapped segments have been antiqued and then hand sanded for a vintage, distressed look.

This piece and others using the same techniques can be purchased at my etsy shop: www.vickiorion.etsy.com

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Love this necklace Vicki!!! Colors are great and the "messy wrap" style is so rustic and cool with the patina!

Shirley said...

I am so glad you did this blog. I have always wondered about your jewelry. I don't wear jewelry, but I do love to look. I hope we see more of all you do, including your cards. They have always been works of art too!