Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Glowing Oil Pastels

That's the name of the technique I used to make these 4 notecards.  The technique is from the Technique Junkies newsletter that I've subscribed to for many years.  I always find inspiration in the newsletters and the artwork that is all over the website.  If you are at all interested in rubber stamping, I highly recommend visiting the site.

The Glowing Oil Pastel technique calls for, you guessed it, oil pastels.  While I have a few of those, I also have some Shiva paint sticks.  These are oil based and work just as well, while expanding my color options for this technique.  After the oil pastels are applied and blended, the entire piece of cardstock is covered with clear embossing.  This does not show up well in these scans, but the surface of the card has a glass like finish.





As is my style, my layouts are simple, making for very versatile blank cards, suitable for a variety of occasions.  And as usual, my scans are slightly crooked.  ;\

3 comments:

Pricilla said...

You really do have a bucket full of talents.

Brandi said...

I think they are pretty! And I can't scan straight, either, no matter how much I try to.

Diana said...

These are all very pretty........and I'm also glad someone else has trouble scanning straight :)...
I just also looked at your jewelry - very pretty :)