Friday, June 4, 2010

New Notecards

I have not spent any time recently making notecards.  It's an activity I enjoy, but was too busy rebuilding my jewelry inventory to do it.  Until last week, that is.  I was in need of a break from the jewelry -- a healthy break -- and notecards was my activity of choice.

Opening my huge 3-ring binder of Technique Junkie newsletters, I chose some of my old favorites.  This first card uses the Colorwash Collage technique.  I love the splotchy effect achieved with the use of the yummy colored colorwash sprays from Stamp Zia.  The stamps are all from Stampin' Up.


Next, I tried the Gesso Resist technique, which I have had mixed results with in the past.  Usually it's because I've applied too much gesso to the image, or selected the wrong type of image.  I think I got it right this time.


The simple layout in the next card is one I've used many times before.  I matched the Spritz & Flick technique (bottom piece) with some patterned paper on top, separated by a length of coordinating ribbon.


Lastly, this card features the Watercolor Distress technique, which gave me another opportunity to use my new colors of Distress Ink.  The image is simple, but delivers a great message.


I made a whole pile of cards (maybe 35?), but these were my favorites.  Now, back to some jewelry making!!

3 comments:

Pricilla said...

They are lovely.
I truly envy your many talents.


Guess who got to make some jewelry?!

Aimeslee said...

Hi, Vicki. I'm in TJ yahoo group with you. Ok, I was a little miffed that I had to go to your blog to see the techniques you used instead of you listing them in your post like we are supposed to. But now I am glad to have found your blog, lol. I love ArtBeads, too! I'm following you now and plan to check out your jewelry tutes as I'm trying to learn a little jewelry making. Nice cards, too. :-))) xoxo, Aimeslee

The Jewelry Box said...

Vicki, I SO admire your talent with cards and colors. Very beautiful!