Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Two New Cards

Inspired by the nice weather we've been having, I created a few garden related notecards. They both use recycled papers: one used the newspaper and the other, the yellow pages.


I was getting ready to recycle my old phone book, but before doing so, I scavenged some pages from it for this technique from the Technique Junkies newsletter. I chose the page that contained landscape businesses, which was appropriate for this fern stamp. I used my collage alphabet stamps to add the word garden down the side. These stamps are all from Stampin' Up.




For this next card, I used the weather forecast section of the newspaper. The stamp is one of those big foam ones intended for kids and fabric stamping, I think! Simply mounted on patterned paper, this card gets the point across -- get outside and garden!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Vicki, cute cards! The one w/the weather forecast also hit me as a great get well card with a sentiment about feeling under the weather. Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Pricilla said...

You are so clever....send the sun this way, please!

Anji Gallanos said...

Those cards look great with the phone book pages..what a perfect idea!!

Enjoy the nice weather..it is nice there right??