Friday, March 6, 2009

Be with those...

... who help your being

This is the saying on a new rubber stamp I purchased from Quietfire Design. The quote is from Rumi, a 13th century Persian poet. Actually, I purchased several different stamps. The sentiments were so meaningful and the stylized script was lovely. These 2 cards feature this special stamp.

This first one has the saying on a panel of Acetate Swirl, a technique from the Technique Junkies newsletter. The floral image I used there was from Stampin Up. This layout gave me the opportunity to use some of that "hardware" from Stampin Up too. For some reason, that's always satisfying. This next card has the same saying, but I layered it on a background I had on hand. The technique used on this background is a marbling technique called Simple Sumi, also from Technique Junkies. When I do this technique - it must be done outdoors - I set up a table and do a massive amount. That way, I have a pile of background papers to use for a year or more. It's a messy technique and I try to invite a friend over to work with me. She gets lots of backgrounds too.

4 comments:

Shirley said...

You are so right about messy, but beautiful too~ Love both cards. You have such an eye for color and space!

Deronda designs... said...

What a wonderful sentiment, and the cards are so beautiful.

Pricilla said...

You make such beautiful creations. The publicist bows at your feet....

Cherry Lane Jane said...

I love the pink one! wonderful marbling:)