Thursday, December 11, 2008

Patina Technique - For Paper!



I finally had some time to try the Patina Technique from the October issue of the Technique Junkies newsletter. I used metallic acrylic paints because that's what I had on hand. I made a whole sheet at once and cut it up for these cards.


The first card features a stamp from Hero Arts that I embossed with an embossing powder from The Powder Keg called New Endgland Autumn. It was almost an exact match for the paint colors I used. I added some copper colored beads strung on nylon cord, both of which I borrowed from the jewelry making side of my studio! The patina panel is mounted on shiny copper cardstock and for the card, I used bright green cardstock.

For the next card I embossed an image of a doorplate in black. I attached a miniature door knocker that I purchased from Sky Blue Pink, which has its own built-in brad. I reversed the colors here and mounted the patina panel on the bright green cardstock and the card itself is rust colored cardstock.

1 comment:

Shirley said...

What great backgrounds and what perfect images to show them off too! I love the door knocker too!