Monday, December 29, 2008

One Dark ... One Light

Yesterday I made a nice bunch of cards. Here are two from that bunch. The first is the dark card featuring the Drunken Pearls technique from the August '04 issue of the Technique Junkie newsletter. This technique calls for black glossy cardstock, metallic ink, rubbing alcohol and some Pearl-Ex pigment powders, this results in a dark and dramatic background piece. I brightened it up with silver embossed fern images. It still needed a little something, so I added some sticky backed "diamonds". It still looks like it's missing something, but I decided to let it be.

In the second, lighter card, I started with the Bleeding Tissue technique from the February '05 issue of the newsletter. This tissue paper is wonderful stuff and comes in a huge array of colors. When dampened, it bleeds beautifully on glossy white cardstock and makes gorgeous backgrounds. No two will ever be alike! The colors I chose were soft and peaceful so I chose to stamp an image that evoked that same feeling. I finished it off with some coordinating organza ribbon.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Wow, I love the bleeding tissue technique. Very nice.

Shirley said...

They are both gorgeous!~~!

Shirley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave Robertson said...

Can't complain about any technique called Drunken Pearls - - and it came out looking wonderful! Nice work :)

--Dave
at Rings & Things