Friday, December 12, 2008

Another Pair of Cards

My card-share today includes one very old technique and one brand new technique -- both from the Technique Junkies Newsletter.

Starting with the old technique, Drunken Pearls, from the August 04 newsletter. This technique features the use of alcohol, metallic re-inkers and PearlEx powders, resulting in lots of sparkle that just can't be appreciated from a scan. The image is from Stampin Up and I embossed in it black on brushed metallic silver cardstock, then mounted that panel on gold brushed metallic cardstock. The finishing touch are these brand new teeny-tiny black brads that I found at my local stamp shop (I also bought them in brown and white) and a length of silver ribbon.
For the next card, I used the Two Toned Crunch technique from the current newsletter. While I wasn't thrilled with the colors I chose, I managed to work with it. To dress up the background, I stamped the image (from Stampin Up) with black StazOn ink on acetate and used eyelets to attach it to the next layer of cardstock. This gives the card a more 3-dimensional look and it's a technique I use when I want a lot of the background to be visible.

Don't forget, to receive special offers and discount coupons, please sign up for my etsy shop newsletter -- see the from to the right!

3 comments:

Connie Paxman said...

Ah vicki something old and something new...Love your cards and especially the last one..
connie paxman

newenglandstamper said...

Your cards are beautiful. I love your color choices on the second card - it turned out great.

Shirley said...

Wow! Vicki, you cards are always just perfect for the images you choose. Beautiful cards!