Monday, November 17, 2008

Starfish and Mother of Pearl

I made this card the other day when I was dreaming of the beach. I love this double starfish image from Stampington. For this card, I used the Mother of Pearl technique from the Technique Junkies Newsletter. I brayered over the Lumiere paint with first gray ink, followed by pale plum ink. I added a really cute starfish brad in the lower right hand corner, after mounting the starfish panel on paper of the same color. The card is then mounted on brushed silver cardstock for a subtley glimmering finish.

4 comments:

Tom and Nancy said...

I love your cards and so does everyone I give them to. That is, if they are worthy of such beautiful work. Love the latest addition of starfish.

Shirley said...

A beautiful card and pretty too, just like they all are.

ainse said...

Wow, Vicki, you're a woman of many talents! What a really lovely card.

If you're in the [blog] neighbourhood, pop by; I've nominated you for a little award!
http://ainse.wordpress.com/2008/11/18/im-uber-honoured/

Diane said...

OMG...you make beautiful jewelry & cards too?? Your talents are unlimited. Very nice, Vickie!